Friday, April 1, 2011

fools unite

Ah..April Fools Day.  A favorite holiday among many.I can attest to the jokes played on me in the past.  One morning i arrived to work and found leave slips from everyone in the branch..all for long term leave-2 months or more.  I had a moment of panic..then wised up.  On another year, I had 2 staff members annouce they were pregnant.  Think they were both very happy to say it was a joke.
My daughter headed off to school today with Spanxs shorts under her clothes-says you run the risk of someone pulling your pants down in school. Really???  I thought of calling my son at school to tell him we won the lottery, but why pull his hopes up only to dash them as he works diligently to keep those grades on track? 
And I loved what a local radio station did one year.  They changed their format to all women's music, even used just female DJ's. They changed their website over night and now called themselves WOMB. I really thought it had gone in another direction, much to my sadness. Ha! Got me again...what do they say "fool me once..fool me again, shame on me".

No comments:

Post a Comment