Wednesday, June 1, 2011

grads for forth!

Today the local high school will be holding commencement for a number of kids I've seen grow up.  In the school's standard fashion, tradition will continue to hold true and they will be the only high school to hold the graduation ceremony AT the school.  it is supposed tobe outside, but again, will be moved indoors to the gymnasium...average temperature on a good day 78.  Put 1800 bodies in there and the temp is now 110.  Think maybe its time to let go of tradition and move it to a spacious air-conditioned hall.  Which unfortunately is out of county.  I find it amazing the county seat does NOT have a large enough hall to house graduation ceremonies for local high schools. But thats another issue.  When i graduated, it was held outdoors and the navy stadium.  I don't think they do that anymore.
In addition to my friend's kids walking on stage, I must also offer a congrats to my nephew Conor and my niece Abby.  Conor is headed to Frostburg and Abby is headed to AACC...I am very proud of them.  Just remember not to get arrested, keep your grades up,. and make your parents proud.  You have your whole life ahead of you.  Don't screw it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment