Saturday, May 14, 2011

asheville nc

I had my creative juices flowing yesterday and the blog was not up and running. So I hope those few brain cells have kicked in this morning.
I am visiting one of my favorite places on the east coast-Asheville. It is a slice of Haight-Asbury in the bible belt.  The town is filled with street musicans, art galleries, and healing centers.  Restaurants consist of phenomenal vegan spots, contemporary southern cuisine, and martini bars.  I love the vibe here.  It is dog friendly.  Bumper stickers on cars consist of "Humankind Be Both." , "Bark Less, Wag More" and :Coexist".  Tie dye T-Shirts are standard dress code, with a bit of funk thrown in.  It was one of the few counties in North Carolina to support Obama's campaign.
Then there's the scenery. It is nestled in the Great Smokie mountains.Beautiful mountain surround you, lakes, and farm land.  Yes, I can see why this attracts so many people.  They have a population here called halfbacks..those folks who reture to Florida and move halfway back to Asheville.   The downside-its getting pricey to live here now that its catching fire.
Off to massage and yoga... 

No comments:

Post a Comment