Monday, June 8, 2015

crazy times

What a whirlwind as of late. We are wrapping up the end of an era at Chesapeake High school, which is okay with me. Maddie finished strong, despite a very serious case of senioritis. She received 2 local scholarships, in addition to the generosity of NC State, which will cost less than sending her to Frostburg State University. At least this year-guessing everything will go up next year.

Graduation was fine, unless I looked at pics of her getting on the school bus on her first day of kindergarten. It really does go by with a blink of the eye.

She finished 5th in her class of 340-VERY impressive. And in 2 months, she will move to North Carolina. And I will finally be able to clean her room the way it should be and have a guest room! UH....no, it will always be her room. A shrine. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I will miss her greatly. She is my Ravens fan, my sci fi film go to girl, my teatime partner, and my baking buddy. She has always shared my love of great food and great road trips. I could go on with comments about her kindness and compassion, but I won't embarrass her. Needless to say, there will a great void in the house when she leaves. That Andrew will try his hardest to fill.

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is indeed a special young woman. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to spend time with both you and Maddie while you all were here last year. She is intelligent, compassionate, fun, and most enjoyable to be around. I know you'll miss her greatly but school breaks should help a little with that. Congratulations to Maddie on her accomplishments and to you for a job well done. Look out NC State, here she comes!! :)

    ReplyDelete