Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Return to the living

It has taken a week to readjust to the time change and the chaos at work. I thought returning would have been easier, as you gain 5 hours. I forgot you wake up at 3 AM and your mind and body think its 8 AM.
Our last day in jolly ol' England was a trip to Bath, Stonehenge, and Windsor Castle. First, let me say that I grow very weary with the folks who take tours and then proceed to talk loudlt as the tour guide is sharing information on the bus. I have to commend our tour guide-she clamped it down as soon as she heard them chatting. They are also the ones who brought hot food on the bus (and was asked not to) and was late returning to the bus. We should of left them behind.
Also, tour company needs to adjust the tours a bit. We barely had time for Windsor and Bath. I would prefer just to skip Stonehenge, which i have seen before. And next trip spend alot more time in Bath.
After the debacle of transportation leaving Dublin, I wasn't about to try and change the times of leaving London for Heathrow. They were scheduled to arrive 4 hours before our flight, which was around 1 PM. Just enough time to make a quick walk to Buckingham Palace and see the changing of the guards. Which is always an adventure with my brother, who only concern watching the statuesque guards who never move what they do if there balls itch. Inquiring minds need to know.
Our transportation arrived at 10 15 for a 5 PM flight. We sent them away after much discussion. I suppose better early than late.

No comments:

Post a Comment