Thursday, July 28, 2011

football is back!

I probably shouldn't be so excited about football returning after a lockout these past few months. It was over money...like these guys-specifically the owners, don't make enough. Players make plenty as well, although i do view football as a brutal sport where many retire with long lasting injuries. But be as it may...I am a happy camper. I can't imagine fall without football Sundays! And football pools. And maybe a super bowl...I know- wishful thinking.
So, the changes were announced this week. Hurtful. Todd heap. Derrick Mason. Kelly Gregg. Can't imaginf the Ravens without this core of veterans. Especially Heap. Mason wrote a very heartfelt message in the paper the other morning about how much he loves Baltimore and the fans. And if they asked him back, he would return in a nano second. A very tearful goodbye.
I hate to see summer go away. I love the relaxed atmosphere. But I want football and fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment