Monday, December 5, 2011

Weimaraner Wildness

Maddie has been hot on the trail for asking for another dog. Frankly, after living with looney Lucy for 3 years, she is more than enough dog for me. But ok, I will be willing to be open to perhaps another dog.
Marcia's dog Pepper came for a visit around the Thanksgiving holiday. I got a taste of what is was to have 2 animals. Granted, i am spoiled with Lucy, who is yard bound by an electric fence. Pepper required constant supervision outside-she was a runner. Always came back, but god knows I didn't want to be responsible for losing marcia's BFF. And then there was the small incident in the office, where Pepper, who is so good about using the bathroom outside, shredded my blinds to try and get out (stomach issues that require no detail). So, as much as I love that little dog, it was good to see her head home.
Then I got wind of someone trying to find a home for a weimaraner, which I have had a love for as long as I have watched Sesame Street. They dress them up on Sesame Street, use them for showing kids letters..and there they sit, docile, easy going animals that defy beauty. So, Tyler came for an overnight...thinking this is good for Lucy..will wear her out and she will have comapany. A test so to speak.
Ever given a 90 pound dog puppy uppers??? This was a dog on speed. Never stopped..except for his 4 and a half hour sleep from 1 AM to 5 30 AM. Crating..he howled. Drank copious amounts of water, then had to pee every 20 minutes.Panted nonstop-probably cause he never stops moving. Tried claiming apha dog with Lucy by humping her. No go-Lucy stood her ground. Alan wound let him out to pee-he was gone like road runner. Showed back up when he was done cruising the neighborhood. Sleeping arrangements..I ended up sleeping in Andrew's room and Tyler curled up with Alan. Morning time, we started all over again. Racing from room to room, drink water, race some more, eat the cat food, more water, throw in some barks, then, as Alan was sitting in the sun room reading the paperon the sofa, Tyler lifted his leg and peed on the sofa-most of which landed on the Sunday paper. Okay, I'm done. No dog pees on my sofa and the sports section.
So, Tyler is still homeless...which is a sad thing, but I can't rescue all dogs. looks like we will make a visit to the pound in the near future. And hope Tyler finds a 5 acre home to run and eat squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment