Saturday, December 10, 2011

Launching the holiday season

Ho ho...it is officially December and the the madness begins. Actually, it began Thanksgiving night at 11 PM, a stores had lines wrapped around their buildings and insanity began. One woman pepper sprayed her fellow shoppers just to be sure she would get her PS3. Nothing says holidays like the American frenzy.
My work party this year was not the usual gathering of good food and white elephant gifts, but we changed the venue to a bowling alley. Sorry, just not the same. Had a good time bowling, but didn't really socialize too much with the others. And could we even begin to compare the food? As Maddie has so astutely pointed out, it is all about the food....
Tomorrow I decided to host a Christmas Tea and Ornament exchange. I have most of or library volunteers coming-my target audience. Good thing I had that festive bowling party to put me in the spirit :-) And of course, I did plan it around the game-even though it should be a slam dunk.
Next weekend is the neighborhood holiday decorating contest, which I am hosting as well. I must be out of my mind really. Maybe it a good thing all around..keeps my mind off of other unpleasant situations that are floating around the family.
I hope I am a visitor here more often in the next few weeks...it is a great outlet to the stress and pressure. Oh, and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment