Monday, December 26, 2011

post christmas

I have so much to be grateful for, despite a few bumps in the road. You seem to really bring this into focus around the holidays, where we still have folks living in cardboard boxes and parents who can't give their kids a Christmas. Kinda puts your problems in focus, doesn't it?
I am grateful for my health. And my family's health. I am grateful I have a paycheck coming into the house, despite to massive furlough days this year.
On a lighter note, I am grateful Lucy has stopped eating our house, despite her discovery of the gingerbread house she noticed at eye level. She mighta gotten away with it if it were not for the trail of candy into the sun room. Seems gingerbread agrees with dogs.
I am grateful all my nieces and nephews are taking a stab at college. I am not grateful that they are not being very successful at it. Please get these kids on track.
I am glad to have everyone home for the holidays. Just wish Andrew would get hi issues straightened out.
I have to say, I am now burned out with Christmas movies. Time to think about New Years. If we must. new Years is so difficult, There's pressure to go out. You try to make a party plan at home-no one seems to rsvp. DO they not want to commit or simply don't want to travel?
Seems the bumps in the road were all at the end of the year...lets hope 2012 is a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment