Friday, November 18, 2011

let the games begin...

This weekend launches the beginning of the holiday season with me. Since 1999, I have been hosting a large Bop TIl You Drop party, which began as a celebration of my birthday. As I grow older, the less inclined I am to label this as a big birthday party.
So, the planning begins. Same formula this year. We were in Disneyworld last year, so things have resumed. Difference is I needed to tighen my belt..no DJ. I will depend on my Ipod. No jello shots. Sangria is the drink of choice.
Past years have proved to be a great example of debauchery and insanity. Copious amounts of liquor consumption had resulted in people barfing in the woodpile, front yard...and try explaining that when its your hubby and I am your boss. One year, someone walked into the bathroom and found a couple in a compromising position. This is a lock on the door people. And then there was the year I woke up that morning, in a fog and in need of aspirin and caffeine, only the find all my family pictures hanging upside down on the walls. Now, you know, that took quite a while to do that..and it was done in the course of the evening, right NEXT to the bar. And not one soul said a word or even noticed I think.
I do think things might be calmer this year. We are a bit older, maybe moving a little slower, and staying up late requires much more effort and coffee. I do count on lots of shots and everyone's dance shoes polished and ready to go. Let the games begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment