Tuesday, September 25, 2012

fall weather

Good lord, I have been neglectful. The weather has been so glorious that I am trying to take advantage and spend as much time outdoors as possible. Not jogging or tennis mind you, but fun stuff.
Orioles continue to be in the hunt and I have popped over for a game when my schedule allows. Last week, I attended with the extended family of Tim and the matron of the family. It was a picture perfect day of blue skies and 70 degree temps. We bought cheap seats, then took advantage of my friend Bill's offer to seat us on club level behind home plate. I was planning on an afternoon game-turned into a 5 and a half hour game, 12 innings. But a win just the same. Now I am hungry for a division win, not a wild card spot. That means the Yankees would have to falter. Hahaha...
This past weekend, I spent Sunday with Andrew,the mother, and Andrew's friend patrick for a day of pub crawling and watching short films. This was meant to give us a taste of the Annapolis Film Fest in March of 2013. Scrumptious food-grilled cheddar with fiji apple, tomato basil soup, pulled pork sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, black bean salsa and cocktails of course. We had a great sangria and an interesting drink made of cucumber juice, elderberry liquor, and citrus vodka. Our favorite films:
Vacuum Cleaner kid: A 12 year old with a collection of 160 vacuums. And he loves to use them.
All Consuming Love (Man in a cat): One of the weirdest short films I have ever seen.
Harry Grows Up: The story of love and how hard it is to find in New York, especially when you are an 18 month old.

Suppport the films...check out the film fest in March of 2013.

Beach is calling me this weekend. Well, maybe its the Wine Festival that is at the beach. Either way, time to partake in my 2 favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment