Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Orioles magic

I woke up this morning to find the Orioles have just tied with the Yankees for first place in the American league east in SEPTEMBER. I thought I might want to capture this moment in case it is dashed in the coming final weeks of baseball, but boy, I sure am enjoying the ride. I am never thinking about baseball in September. It's all about football and the hope that the O's don't finish in the cellar. Well, not the case this year and I think more than one sportscaster is scratching his head.
We just finished series victories over the Yankees and the AL Central-leading Chicago White Sox. We are battling positions with the Rays, where in that series they only scored 2 runs in 3 games. HOW is that possible? WHEN have we talked about good pitching? Oh I remember, 14 years ago-when Seinfeld was in its last season. When Maddie was under a year old. And my phone wasn't smarter then me. In any case, let the magic begin. Or, at least, let it carry us into playoffs. Cause I haven't been this excited about baseball since Eddie Murray and Jim Palmer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment