Wednesday, August 22, 2012

bucket lists

Its hard to say when you should start thinking about your bucket list and how far along you might want to get with it. Fortunately, my list is kinda short at the moment and fairly easy to obtain. I don't have things on it like climb Mt. Everest, walk the entire Appalachain Trail, bungee jump over the Grand Canyon. In fact, I can pretty much eliminate anything involved heights over 5 feet. i actually did entertain a jump out of an airplane at one point (probably around the time I got a tattoo and bought a sports car), but I am lucky I can climb escalators without a panic attack. I'm sticking to less adventurous things...
This weekend, I am making a trek to Smith Island. It does involve an entire day, as the ferries only run twice a day. I am going to eat a crab cake. That might be it. Well, maybe some Smith Island cake.
Over labor Day weekend, I am going to rustle up some folks and hit the rodeo. Yes, Maryland has a rodeo. COmplete with barrel races, bulls, and clowns. Its the big buckle ceremony that weekend. Whatever the hell that means. I have no rodeo garb however. Think thats required?
I have also wanted to attend a college football game..which you would think is an easy task, having Maryland University with an hour of where I live. But no, I am going to South Carolina to see a game against Clemson, with some of my favorite relatives. This is a maybe plan-as said relatives are just moving to the area and still getting things together. There's always spring and a college lacrosse game I suppose. Just not the same.
So people, get your bucket list together. And be sure you make the effort to cross some things off. Even if its just to read Anna Karenina.

No comments:

Post a Comment