Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday morning in the library

I know I need to be more tolerable to my public as they are my bread and butter. Babies in Bloom was this morning. We had our usual large crowd..28 babies and about 18 adults. Noise level was normal and I am happy to report that our brand new carpet has been christened with a small child barfing all over it. Carpet is what,a week old? And did she take her children home? No...saw her running our the door with one of them as they threatened to leave their mark again 30 minutes later. Really..I am a mom as well. If my kid throws up in storytime, I take them home.
I didn't clean it up completely until it was over, but a women's group was anxious to get in there right after the program. I had left a rag over the mess so I knew where to clean. The speaker for the group took it upon herself to pick the rag up and toss it on the counter. Thanks. Then she asked when someone would be in from the library to set her room up. I told her that would be the group's responsibility. Really?
And now I am sitting in front of iPad user who is watching a video on his device with the sound turned up to 10. While he peruses the DVD's at the same time. Are we really that self important?
At least the "hon" lady isn't here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment