Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Children advantages

We are experiencing having Andrew home this semester for the first time in 2 and a half years. i had grown accustomed to not having him there. I had a spare bedroom for guests. I always had leftovers in the fridge. I never had to share the TV. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like it. And I like it. He is there with a smile on his face every day I come home from work. He is doing very well in school (full time at the local community college). He empties the dishwasher without me asking. He calls everyday and asks what to do about dinner. Today, he brought me lunch from home because I didn't have time to go home and get it.
He picks Maddie up from swim practice. He never argues. Hardly ever in a bad mood. And no issues with TV sharing. Yeah, its really nice. And it will be nice when he returns as well.
Not to take away what I love about Maddie still at home. She pitches in for baking. Fetches things. Walks the dog. Does very well at school. And even keeps her room clean most of the time. She is 14, so there there are a few storm clouds on occasion with her disposition (don't we all), but she hides in her room until the storm passes.
I am very lucky. Despite the few life speed bumps in the road we all deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment