Thursday, February 23, 2012

health

Before I launch on my topic of the day, I must remember not to say anything bad about the "hon" lady anymore. Despite her ability to follow the philosophy "There are no stupid questions, only inquisitive idiots", she came into the library yesterday 3 times for various inquisitions-info on coconut milk that can stop alzheimers, weight watcher's point value on Giant's chocolate cake..and something about a diet regime I've never heard of. In any case, while I was at lunch, she came in with a package of cinnamon twists to thank me for my kindness. Ok Ok i'll keep my commentary to a minimum...

I have been suffering with various aches and pains as of late. Of course, just as I said to myself a month ago how good I was feeling...anyway, i never ever take my health for granted. And even more so when things interfere with your daily quality of life. I am still very fortunate, despite limping my way through the day and popping antinflammatory pills. This should pass, hopefully without surgery.

I have to keep these things in perspective where my dear friend is struggling with ALS, both physically and emotionally. I give her a great deal of credit for her strength. She may have bad days, but she is working towards making everyday the best day. I recently went to a support group meeting and it was an eye opener as to how this disease takes its toll-emotionally, mentally, and physically. i was so touched to see a woman there those husband is now confined to bed go hug a woman struggling with her husband's illness and ask her what she needs and what we can give her. This is the human spirit at its best.

So, tomorrow will be better. And if not, I'll deal with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment