Saturday, August 13, 2011

healthy living

After my healthy week in Vermont where we focused on mental and physical health, I was determined to carry on as i returned to real life. now granted, walking 5 miles a day in Maryland during the hottest summer on record was not very inviting. I attempted a few miserable walks where walking through pea soup would have been easier. I did some swimming..just not the same as walking down a two and a half mile hill and then walking back up again.
i thought my vacation would provide me with physical movement opportunities. Not so much. We drove many miles and walked little. Eating was also a bit more challenging, but I did what I could. Skipped ice cream, ate sweet potato fries, not regular fries, ate chicken, not ribs and avoided most sugar. I insisted we eat in an organic restaurant for lunch on afternoon, despite some eye rolling. I had a few glasses of wine, but never more than 2. Chances are I gained weight. It's that damn metabolism syndrome. So i ask myself, is this all worth it? Guess it is...sigh...at least I feel better. Sure miss martinis though.

No comments:

Post a Comment