Saturday, January 24, 2015

zelda

We are in the height of winter, so they say. Where temperatures remain the most constant-cold. I'd say I have probably seen the sun once this week. long enough to take note before it disappeared. If only it would at least generate some snow- and enough to leave us at home, as opposed to dark days travelling to work.
I have the added pleasure of using my sports car to get around during this bad weather. How joyous it is to come out to leave to for work and not only have to scrape my cart on the outside, but in the inside as well. Heat? maybe in about 30 minutes. I find myself driving with my head over on the passengers side to see around the frost covering the inside windshield. So much for the new roof. Then I must make a pit stop in freezing rain to fill the passenger tire up with air because of a slow leak.
These are times where I think about selling it and getting a normal mode of transportation. One where I can carry more than one person if you are under 200 pounds. Alan can't fit. Andrew can't fit. I grow weary having extra burden for the cutest car in the world.

Then spring arrives. I drop the hood. I zip down the highway. I am rarely a DD. I feel the wind in my hair. And then I reconsider. After all, I have dealt with worse growing up. The great 57 pontiac with no floor. The aging station wagons that leaked smoke in the car when driving. The VW bug that ran great until it bit the dust. And there was a large chevy that lost its power steering and had to be steered manually. All the time. But there was one bright moment-when we were asked to mind a triumph spitfire for a couple of weeks. And that when i decided I would own a sports car.

So, 3 more months. And back to topless days with Zelda.

2 comments:

  1. I miss my Miata. It was small but such a great car! It would have been terrific having it here in Florida now. I'm of the belief that everyone should own a convertible at least once during their lifetime. It doesn't get much better than that! Hang in there... Spring is right around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You traded up! Who'd a thought!?

    ReplyDelete