Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to all our friends and family!

I am a bit late with this new form of communication, as my sending of Christmas cards have fallen off the list of what to do during the holidays. Can't say I miss it, but appreciate getting them from friends and family.

I also had to think back as to what has transpired over the year and have gotten to the point where I need to start keeping notes so i can refresh the memory.

2014 began rather badly with the loss of Moses, our cat of 19 years. Perhaps it wasn't a bad thing, as we all know what kind of reputation Moses had. Despite his white beauty of pure good, he was an evil son of a bitch.

Cranky and cantankerous. Except to Alan. He was always sweet to Alan. What does this mean?

Andrew continues to keep school on his radar screen and hopes to get back to the task at hand this spring. He is so close to finishing at this point. He has had a few set backs this year, which he is overcoming. And he never loses his sense of humor.

Maddie has applied to 9 universities for admission in the fall of 2015. 4 have come back so far, with acceptances to all of them. And 3 offered her money. is it enough money to make it affordable? Ah, no. We will all have some decisions to make about this in the coming weeks.

Alan continues his long commute to work, despite his status of being able to retire. That's what happens when you have one more to send to college.

I have also met that milestone-can now officially retire. I can dream about it, but not put it into reality. I do love my job, but I could easily walk away from the drunk patron who taped a horse tail in his motorcycle helmet and the guy who arrives in the building in a bathing suit and raincoat with plastic bags on his shoes. I won't miss that.

We traveled to FLorida in the August to visit Nick and Cindy. Yes, it was beastly hot. I can hear all of you saying-they went to Florida in AUGUST??? Are they nuts? yes we are.

Maddie and I took a short trip top New Orleans to see the Ravens play in November. Love that town and all it stands for-drinking, great food, and music. And a cast of quirky characters.

I following up with a short trip to Vegas with the mother. Never been, so new experience for both of us. My mother can keep up with the best of us, especially if you sit her at a bar and throw in some new people to chat with. She will talk to anyone. Bartenders, maids( and they don't even need to speak English), bellhops, cowboys, gamblers, and 65 year old cocktail waitresses in mini skirts. Probably her kind of town.

I got a Fitbit for my birthday, which measures how many steps you are waling in a day, as well to show you are sleeping at night(I apparently wake up a lot during the night-maybe due to Alan's snoring). This can be a good thing and a bad thing. it can serve as an incentive to keep moving and getting your daily 10,000 steps in. I found myself circling my brothers house on thanksgiving a few hundred times just to reach my quota. And it can serve as your biggest guilt trip. Just look how lazy you really are. I prefer the positive.

Wishing all of you a safe and joyful new year and good health and prosperity!

The Adams family

1 comment:

  1. So, this is where the Christmas family letters are!! I missed them.

    ReplyDelete