Monday, June 3, 2013

summer musings

Nick has flown off to Florida to start a new life at the age of 49. We had a going away party for him at a beautiful location on the bay, where some of his closest high school friends came to bid him farewell. It was a pot luck. So my question is, when do we grow sophisticated enough to bring something other than a 5.00 box of cookies or a bag of potato chips? I think my goat cheese, greens, and strawberry salad might have been a little pretentious. I love Nick's friends for the most part. Except for the ones I can'r understand, like Mike who shows up in a smoking jacket and talks about his new invention involving shoe laces (and in fact the same conversation I had 2 years ago). But it was a wonderful day. Last I heard, he arrived safely at his girlfriends house, promptly broke a glass, left the toilet seat up in the middle of the night, and fell asleep on the sofa snoring loudly. I am sure this is all endearing. Now. To be continued...

And just an addedum to my last post...our illustrious patron who wanted to wear a mesh shirt was asking for advice on spandex biking shorts. God help us.

Tomorrow the county council makes a decision on the budget. And if it goes through as planned, we will be open 20 more hours a week. A good thing yet daunting.

Baseball. And what a great season so far.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, rather endearing... for now ;)

    I'll keep you posted.

    ps - He's looking into attending the Ringling Brothers Circus Clown School. God help us all!

    ReplyDelete