Sunday, October 28, 2012

pending doom

It is the calm before the cyclone. Hurricane Sandy is expected to arrive sometime tomorrow and hang around for 48 hours. I expect to lose power and hope nothing else. I have given some thought about getting out of dodge. Hurricanes make me very nervous. I lived on the Bay during Agnes and have no good memories of that experience. Trees down, power outages, massive debris in the bay, vicious lightning. And then there was Isabel


These are pics of our backyard. The water came about 15 feet from our back door. I was up checking water levels all night as Alan slept. Our neighbor was not so lucky from the what you can see in the picture.

Last year was Irene. Seems these are occuring more often. And this one is affecting a third of the country. I hope our 100 year old trees stand up to Sandy and the waters only slosh a foot. Maybe its time to move inland.

No comments:

Post a Comment