Tuesday, July 10, 2012

moose hunting

We returned to the US of A and made a stop in Gotham New Hampshire. It is a charming New England town consisting of pretty much nothing. It is the gateway to the auto road up Mt. Washington. We looked for a movie theater-no luck unless we travelled to Berlin Maine.
After dinner we decided it was te to find a moose. I was not too keen on the idea but the boys were determined. They inquirer at dinner-after all wait staff have seen many a moose in their lifetimes. Off we gp to the obvious location -Moose Brook State Park. We cruised down darkened roads eyes peeled for a bullwinkle citing. No luck which was ok with me. I have no desire to have a close encounter with a bull moose. Maybe we will see one walking thru Bar Harbor like we see in Northern Exposure.
Before we left New Hampshire, we climbed Mt Washington. The infamous auto road. I prepared myself by popping a valium beforehand. Not much help. Sheer drops with no guardrails and barely enough room for 2 cars. Once at the top it was breathtaking beautiful. And a chilly 27 degrees with the wind chill factor. Winds gusts were close to 50 mph. Just to add to my stress. The return trip was better. I sat in the back with my eyes closed. The kids want to know why I keep doing this. California, the Rockies, Sequioa. This remains a mystery.

We are currently in Bar Harbor facing a stellar day of 70 degrees. I simply cant wait until I climb Acadia National park.

4 comments:

  1. Big game hunting is one of the most popular forms of hunting because it requires a person to take down a very large animal. However, if a hunter lives in North America, the options have become limited as the various species of wild big game have shrunk due to over-hunting and destroying natural habitats. Visit to know more

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many better qualified people than myself to talk about the nuances of social media in today's recruitment market. What I'd like to focus on is how you can practically leverage the various platforms to your own benefit. huntingblue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't see any deer sitting at home eating Christmas cookies. The best way to fill your bow tag is to get out there and hunt. It's not too late. http://picmyhunt.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete