Saturday, July 21, 2012

maine


After our unsuccessful moose hunt, we made a car trip up mt. Washington before heading to maine. Now I know I have issues with heights, but this was by far the most difficult. it wasn't as high as the Rockies, but sections of the roads are dirt and very narrow. Even my half Valium made no difference in my stress levels. Top of the mountain was amazing, yet cold. Wind chills of 27. And we met a number of Appalachian Trail hikers coming to the end of the trek from Georgia. Needless to say, i sat in the back of the car, eyes closed until we reached the bottom.

We took scenic Route 2 into Maine, which was beautiful. Arrived in Bar Harbor and immediately seeked out lobster. They were quite delicious, yet the tails were a bit tough. Maybe overcooked? Marcia joined us with Pepper, who looked a little worn out from travelling for a month. She was camping and fighting the mosquitoes. i was happy to return to my comfy hotel.

Acadia national Park is the place to go..overlooks the ocean and Bar Harbor. We did a nature boat ride, which was greatwe saw many Bald Eagles and seals. Not too crazy about the tour guide..see,s he didn't really have a happy outlook of tourists unless you had you wallet out.

We left Bar Harbor and headed down to Boothbay Harbor, which I love. Quaint, sweet, and great clam chowder. Maddie and Alan did a kayak ride while Andrew and I looked for much needed coffee. Too bad winter last 9 months p there..I would live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment