Sunday, March 18, 2012

a busy slacker

Wow...thought about the blog this morning and realized I hadn't been here in about 2 weeks. I can blame it on being busy I suppose. Our neighbor dropped dead at his mailbox just about a week ago. Such a tragedy..fortunately (or unfortunately) Andrew was home at the time and probably witnessed more than he wanted to. But in his true helping nature, he was there to assist in any way he could.
I just returned from Philadelphia from the Public Library conference. Talk about operating on a shoestring budget. We were there for 3 days and only paid for a breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Vendors were offering free breakfast, free lunch, and I received continuing eduaction credits as well. Highlights were seeing Betty White speak and our fantastic dinner with the vendors of Brainfuse. it does really pay off to be an extrovert...I simply announced to the group how much I enjoyed their product and the next thing you know, we had an invite to dinner at a very nice restaurant. And it didn't hurt that they were all Italian and eye candy. Ah, my father taught me well. We traveled to conferences all the time and he showed me how to maximize your enjoyment. And the other highlight was meeting Carl Hiassen. He is very down to earth and funny. Explains his books..
Back to the real world of libraries tomorrow. Let's hope its free of the sit down man in his rain attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment