Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ah the memories?

I realize time is marching on and now that I am well into my...er....50's...seems the memory synposis is not. I recently had a conversation with my older mother (age is a state of mind) where we discussed the upcoming holiday celebrations. here is the conversation: Mom: So, we will do Thanksgiving at Tim's this year. What shall we do for Christmas? Me: How bout we do what we did last year and have at our house? Mom: We had Christmas at your house? Me: Yes, don't u remember? We did lobster. And some other kind of meat..... Mom: Really? I'll bet that was delicious. Me: Yes it was. You rwally enjoyed it. I have no recollection what else we did..Maddie! What did we do for Christmas last year? Maddie: Sigh...We had the family over Christmas eve. We had lobster, short ribs, scalloped potatoes. Grandma spent the night. Opened gifts in the morning. Grandma went home. Mom; I SPENT THE NIGHT??? No I didn't.... Maddie: yes, u did. And you had Christmas brunch party at your house. Me: Who was there? Maddie: You were Mom. sheesh... I am very grateful I have a memory keeper in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment