Saturday, November 24, 2018

kudos to my nephew 6.28.11

Originally published 6/28/11 on another blog site I had..I am putting everything in one location..

Okay, so i did go off a bit about those dang kids not sending me a thank you for grad money. Since then, my nephew has given me a very nice written thank you note and a pic of him from his prom. And I understand a friend's son is working on his-might take him a while, but that okay. I take back my whinin...partially...still haven't heard from 2 others.

To change topics, perpetual issues at the library. I really do think the powers above me would love to shut the doors of this building because of the rental issues we see everyday. Ideally, we need to be in our own building and get out of here.

Friday afternoon was full of new and favorite patrons. Our regulars appeared. The complainer who never has her holds waiting for her because we lose them (amazing, I say to her, that you are the ONLY person this happens to). Sit down man, who wears the same outfit every day-bathing trunks, button up shirt tucked in the suit, tennis shoes. The woman who claims to belong to the Mensa group (which I highly doubt), and a new person. She needed to tell me that the summer reading list publication had a GLARING editing mistake and what am I going to do about it? After all, she was editor of not one, but TWO new york newspapers and this was simply unacceptable. Perhaps she could just make paper airplanes out of those publications. And the roof continues to leak. Despite no rain in 2 weeks.

Perhaps its time for a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment