Monday, September 21, 2015

changes in life

It's quiet. There are many moments of silence. Other than Lucy snoring. Maddie has been in North Carolina for about 6 weeks. I am getting used to it, as long as I get thrown a bone and she calls me on occasion. I know she is happy there, but at the same time, feels claustrophobic at times-despite the size of the campus. Your world kind of closes in-classes, library, sleep, eat. And despite all the campus offers (especially this size), there's never time. An added bonus-being in the backyard of Raleigh is a wonderful thing.

So, I keep myself very busy with house projects, adult coloring, and more socializing. I also have Andrew, who has been a joy to have around and will help me in any way I ask. And he's funny-

I suspect we will see less of her as she continues her pursuits. She is talking about an apartment next year. She wants to study overseas. All the things you should do at the age of 17 almost 18. I miss her, yet know this is where she wants to be.

One down. One to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment