Wednesday, August 12, 2015

college bound

Tomorrow marks the day where Maddie moves into another phase of her life. I can't say I am handling it well, but I am so excited for her and know this is what we do as parents...push them out of the nest. And she is leaving for such good reasons..as some of my friends say..its notlike she is going to jail or something.

North Carolina State will be lucky to have her. I know she will make great friends, learn many new things, and hopefully curb the party time to handle the rigorous major (environmental engineering). The house won't be the same..quiet and no trails of belongings throughout the house. Who will I share new restaurants with? Ravens games won't be the same. Catching up at the end of the day a thing of the past...

But I can't wait to hear about new adventures and new experiences. She will do great once the jitters settle. I can remember my first few weeks when I moved to Baltimore to go to school and it was unsettling and nerve wracking. It gets easier. As any new experience becomes routine.

I will miss you, but know you are ready to be launched.

No comments:

Post a Comment