Wednesday, July 16, 2014

summer postings

I just reached my 30 years with working in the public library system in Maryland. A milestone that is a relief..knowing if I wanted to, I could call it a day and pursue other interests. Or work a part time job doing something. Always thought counselling would be interesting, but hell no, requires another master's degree. I could be like Lucy in Peanuts and simply set up a booth in the heart of Pasadena. I'm sure I would be quite busy.

Maddie had her wisdom teeth out last week. Despite the stress of having your child go through what is equal to surgery, it sure is fun to see your kid under the influence of the remnants of twilight sleep. It always reminds me of the teen who woke up and thought she was a NASCAR driver. On you tube and worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17LV6XSxVkI

Andrew is focused on getting his loom up and running. We spent some time at the Eastern Shore Fiber Arts Center speaking to other weavers, which was inspiring. His loom is ridiculously large. It was meant to be a work horse in the day when businesses were pushing out weaved pieces by the dozens. Getting it in the house was not an easy feat-had to be taken apart to get it in the house.

Our chicken population has increased to 12. Good lord.

Our small vacation will be in FLorida this year. In August. Where no one goes in the summer. it will require A/C and pools. And the gulf. Would be nice to take a side trip to Sanibel Island, which is beautiful.

I attended an 80th birthday party last weekend at the American Visionary Arts Museum. Yes, I was one of the youngest attending. I went with the flow and drank lots of wine. Food was amazing and certainly wine will help you relate to anyone. I helped that we were sitting at a table full of liberals. People are fascinating to observe. I liked the gentleman who had a huge array of great food-scallop bites, curried chicken lollipops, stuffed mushrooms, potato fritters, crab cakes, filet mignon, goat cheese salad to choose from. He ate 10 strawberries, 4 large pieces of filet mignon, 3 biscuits and 5 brownies. He explained he did not eat vegetables. or seafood. or potatoes. Or salad. The best produce in the world is right now.

People are flooding the library this summer. On program days, we are averaging 225 people. What is going on? Free entertainment? A/C building?

Let summer live on.




No comments:

Post a Comment