Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I've had it

I am a big fan of winter. I spent my early years in Syracuse New York, where snow was a norm.. It was simply packed down and you drove on it. Life never stopped. In Maryland, it is always a roll of the dice as to how the snow removal will go. 3 years ago when we had 2 storms within days of each other equaling 4 feet of snow, life was paralyzed for 2 weeks.
Our winters have been mild since that massive snowmaggedon, but this year it has been a bit of a challenge. Not only dealing with getting in and out, but the library has taken a beating as well. No surprize there-every time we get substantial snow, we have to worry about our roof.
On the up side, I have remained on my feet as I navigate ice and slick walkways. Another positive is that I managed to squeak out a few days off from work thanks to bad weather. And never mind the bone chilling temps we have dealt with. So, no snowman for me. We are supposed to go snow tubing the second weekend in march. I might need to sit in the chalet with hot toddies.
Come on spring....

No comments:

Post a Comment