Thursday, June 7, 2012

ying and yang of technology


I know technology is here and I do embrace it almost all the time.Believe me, I am the first to get excited about new strides. I am probably in need of an intervention for Angry Birds.  Our library will be the recipient ofall new PC's, software, and the newest printers. This is all good, until we have a problem.  I realized I am not able to send pics thru email from my blackberry. SO, I am forced to call my provider.  Conversation goes like this:
ATT: Have you downloaded the most recent handheld software from your blackberry desktop manager?
ME: What? I understand none of that.
ATT: I will send you an email on how to do this. After you download the desktop manager on your computer, you will need to back up you handheld and then upgrade your software.
ME: Uhhhhh.....ok....how many emails am I looking for?
ATT: I am sending you 6 emails with instructions.
ME: This sound like hours of work. On something I have no understanding of.
ATT: It is about 2 hours of your time.  We will call you with a follow up to see how it went.
ME: Maybe you should call me in about 6 months...when I can devote 2 hours of my time on something I really don't care about or understand.

I think i will just forgo sending pics. After all, my device is a year old and it will soon be non functional and I will be forced to buy an upgrade.
And the guy in the cartoon has the right idea...however, passwords change just as soon as you have remembered them.  And you can't use the previous 3 to reset them.  Angry Birds require no passwords or upgrades.  And neither does Scrabble.



No comments:

Post a Comment