Saturday, November 30, 2013

10 things, no wait, 11, that i will miss about Julie

As I spent the afternoon memorializing someone who has been in my life for such a long time, I thought back to the things I will truly miss:



11. Her Crown Vic. Julie really didn't like to drive, but decided if she had to drive, it was going to be a big ass car so people stayed out of her way. And it was very roomy in the back seat to pull over on the highway after a night of partying to 'rest'. After her car was stolen, she went for a smaller, less obtrusive model.

10.Her vast collection of Chuck Taylors.


9.Her musical instruments. Which traveled with her where ever she went. And broke out after a few shots of whiskey. Tamborines, shakers, and thinga-ma-jigs that gave it some rhythm.


8. Road Trips. To the Derby. Enough said.


7. Her vast collection of music. From all walks of life. I learned so much in the music department from her.


6. Her quirky ethnic dinners. We would pick countries as our theme-Polish, Italian, etc. Julie did things the country of Saladia (only salads)and "10"-to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Everything had to refer to 10. 10 ingredients, tenderloin, 10 layers. It was her love of food- preparing it, eating it, sharing it.

5. Orioles baseball. We met regularly to watch games at Camden Yards and she never failed to bring her pom poms.

4. Her birthday cakes. She perfected them.

3. Her finger on the pulse. When I had my annual party every year, I would call her a couple of days ahead to find out who was coming. It was like having a social secretary.

2. her love of British literature and film. Okay, I might not miss that so much, but respected her love for it. And we both loved Downton Abbey.

1. Her humor. And her great love for life.

Go forth and be at peace. We all will miss you terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment